pretty prints

Alrighty.

Here are the prints I’ve been working on lately.

The betta fish piece was a trial run of printing on painted paper. I thought the multicolored effect suited the fish.

I had it painted from a previous project I was working on and hadn’t used.

It’s painted with watercolors, salt for effect, and cheese cloth for texture.

At the moment, there are only two using this background effect, but I plan on doing up more sometime in the near future.

Next, my Magnolia’s.

I wanted to do something with a subtler touch, so I went with yellow, white, and silver.

Finally, the pomegranate.

I wanted this piece to be rich and warm so I went with red and gold.

All in all, I think they turned out pretty well.

Here they are laid out to dry.

Well, that’s it for today.

I’m off to work on something new though I  don’t yet know what.

Cheers!

Amanda

Making Prints

Originally, I had planned to work on these prints yesterday; however, I ended up not having time.

Since I plan and play around with colors ’til I find what I like, I only did a limited run of prints, only 5 of each.

Each print is done on nice, thick, off-white watercolor paper, and I deckled the edges for a decorative finish.

For now, I have to wait until they’re  thoroughly dry.

If I like how they turn out, then I’ll print some more.

You may (if you’re observant) notice that the prints are the tiniest bit different from the ones posted in my block print gallery; that’s because I touched them up a bit to sharpen the images before I printed them.

Well, I suppose I should go find something else to occupy my time while I watch ink dry :).

Cheers,

Amanda