Genesis Re-visited

Alright, so the company that I was planning on getting my canvas from for the Genesis inspired painting sadly does not ship large canvases. Ā šŸ˜¦

This is upsetting because all the local stores are twice or more the freaking price.

Bah!

So, this leaves me with two options

1-suck it up and accept the price gouging

or

2-build and stretch my own canvas

Either way, it’s going to take longer than I had anticipated.

I’ll let you know what I decide; in the meantime, here’s a peek at the concept drawing for the piece.

You’ll have to wait until I start painting to see it in color.

Cheers,

Amanda

Quick Update

As you may or may not know, I’ve been doing some research for a new painting.

I don’t want to say too much Ā just yet because I’ve only finished the preliminary sketches for the piece but,Ā I will tell you that is based on Genesis

and will be painted on a 48″x48″ sized canvasĀ assuming I have no problem getting it shipped.

You’ll have to wait for more details.

Cheers,

Amanda

pretty prints

Alrighty.

Here are the prints I’ve been working on lately.

The betta fish piece was a trial run of printing on painted paper. I thought the multicolored effect suited the fish.

I had it painted from a previous project I was working on and hadn’t used.

It’s painted with watercolors, salt for effect, and cheese cloth for texture.

At the moment, there are only two using this background effect, but I plan on doing up more sometime in the near future.

Next, my Magnolia’s.

I wanted to do something with a subtler touch, so I went with yellow, white, and silver.

Finally,Ā the pomegranate.

I wanted this piece to be rich and warm so I went with red and gold.

All in all, I think they turned out pretty well.

Here they are laid out to dry.

Well, that’s it for today.

I’m off to work on something new though I Ā don’t yet know what.

Cheers!

Amanda

Print & Press

Well, I attempted theĀ hand coloringĀ of the magnolia prints but didn’t like them.

They didn’t pop like I wanted them to, so I’m leaving them black and white.

After that, I mounted the lino on to wooden blocks and pressed them down with my detergent bottle.

I also did the first printing of the pomegranate block print.

It didn’t turn out as crisp as I wanted it to, but it’s fine it gave me some idea of what to do when I do the good prints.

Here are the pics.

Oh, and I included pictures of the actual magnolia and betta blocks.

I’ll be posting more pomegranate prints soon.

Well, Cheers and have a good weekend.

Amanda