Just thought I’d do a quick post to review the “Life Simplified” series. So far the series consists of 7 pieces.
Each done using watercolor and permanent marker on 11″ by 15″ Cold Press acid free heavy weight paper.
Here they are in the order they were created. Continue reading ““Life Simplified” at a glance” →
Create ~ krē-āt
14th century Middle English, from Latin creatus, past participle of creare; akin to Latin crescere to grow te:
1: to bring into existence
2 a: to invest with a new form, office, or rank b: to produce or bring about by a course of action or behavior
3: cause, occasion
4 a: to produce through imaginative skill b: design
I’ve finished the last piece I had painted for the series, #7.
From here on I’m back to square one in terms of the creation process.
Interestingly enough 7 emphasizes creation,
so it’s only fitting that I pause here before going on.
I’ll update once I have more images to add. Til then, I leave you with #7 “Create with me.”
Continue reading “#7 of Life Simplified” →
#6 of Life Simplified series: “Embrace Me”
em·brace [ em bráyss ]
verb ~ definition:
1. transitive and intransitive verb hug somebody: to hug somebody in your arms affectionately
or passionately, or hug each other affectionately or passionately
2. transitive verb make use of something: to welcome and take advantage of something eagerly or willingly
3. transitive verb adopt something: to adopt or take up something, especially a belief or way of life
4. transitive verb comprise something: to include something as part of a whole
5. transitive verb surround something: to surround or enclose something ( literary ) ( often passive )
noun ~ definition:
warm hug: an affectionate or passionate hug
[14th century. < Old French embracer “take into your arms” < Latin bracchium “arm”] Continue reading “#6 of Life Simplified” →
Sometimes things feel so complicated.
The weight of life weighs heavy on you
and you don’t want to get out of bed
let alone go through another day.
You just pray to God hoping something will change
so you can see the light.
So you can bare the light.
This is where I’ve been.
I want to dedicate this piece to my husband.
Who in my darkest hour
when I didn’t think I could go on
reached out with his heart and saved me.
I love you.
You are my knight in shining armor.
“Save Me” #5 of the Life Simplified series. Continue reading “#5 of Life Simplified” →